As Academic task believes that practice is the most important way to success so do visit www.academictask.com regularly and Brush up these Mechanical Engineering MCQs regularly to prepare for competitive & entrance exams like NTS, FPSC, ETEA, PPSC, KPPSC, etc. Prepare yourself for government job exams, interviews, and make your career in engineering. Aspiring students and professionals can learn and practice our Mechanical Engineering material MCQs. Here you will find questions & answers with detailed explanations. Mechanical Engineering Objective Questions and answer cover the topic like Engineering Materials, Fluid Mechanics, Hydraulic Machines, Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics, Nuclear Power Plants, Steam Boilers, Engines, Nozzles, Turbines, Compressors, Gas Turbines, Jet Engines, Thermodynamics, Engineering Metrology, Heat Transfer, etc. Also, check basic Electrical engineering MCQs here.
21. All the terms of energy in Bernoulli’s equation have dimension of_______________?
22. The fluid forces considered in the Navier Stokes equation are__________________?
A. gravity, pressure and viscous
B. gravity, pressure and turbulent
C. pressure, viscous and turbulent
D. gravity, viscous and turbulent
E. none of the above
23. For pipes, laminar flow occurs when Roynolds number is__________________?
A. less than 2000
B. between 2000 and 4000
C. more than 4000
D. less than 4000
E. none of the above
24. In a forced vortex, the velocity of flow everywhere within the fluid is__________________?
D. non-zero finite
25. Adiabatic compression is one in which___________________?
A. temperature during compression remains constant
B. no heat leaves or enters the compressor cylinder during cornpression
C. temperature rise follows a linear relationship
D. work done is maximum
E. entropy decreases
26. The- most efficient method of compressing air is to compress it_________________?
D. is chronically
E. as per law pV
27. Isothermal compression efficiency can be attained by running the compressor__________________?
A. at very high speed
B. at very slow speed
C. at average speed
D. at zero speed
28. Isothermal compression efficiency, even when running at high speed, can be approached by using A. multi-stage compression B. cold water spray C. both A. and B. above D. fully insulating the cylinder E. high stroke_________________?
Isothermal compression efficiency, even when running at high speed, can be approached by using
A. multi-stage compression
B. cold water spray
C. both A. and B. above
D. fully insulating the cylinder
E. high stroke
29. The pressure and temperature conditions of air at the suction of compressor are_________________?
B. slightly more than atmospheric
C. slightly less than atmospheric
D. pressure slightly more than atmospheric and temperature slightly less than atmospheric
E. pressure slightly less than atmospheric and temperature slightly more than atmospheric
30. The overall isothermal efficiency of compressor is defined as the ratio of_______________?
A. isothermal h.p. to the BHP of motor
B. isothermal h.p. to adiabatic h.p.
C. power to drive compressor to isothermal h.p.
D. work to compress air isothermally to work for actual compression
E. isothermal work to ideal work