581. The co-efficient of friction depends upon_______________?
A. nature of surfaces
B. area of contact
C. shape of the surfaces
D. ail of the above.
E. A. and B. above
582. If three forces acting in one plane upon a rigid body, keep it in equilibrium, then they must either
A.Meet in a point
B.Be all parallel
C.At least two of them must meet
D.All the above are correct
583. The maximum frictional force which comes into play when a body just begins to slide over another surface is called__________________?
A. limiting friction
B. sliding friction
C. rolling friction
D. kinematic friction
E. dynamic friction
585. Tangent of angle of friction is equal to
C.Angle of repose
D.Coefficient of friction
586. A projectile is fired at an angle 9 to the vertical. Its horizontal range will be maximum when 9 is_______________?
587. A particle moves along a straight line such that distance (x) traversed in t seconds is given by x = t2 (t – 4), the acceleration of the particle will be given by the equation __________________?
588. If rain is falling in the opposite direction of the movement of a pedestrain, he has to hold his umbrella___________________?
A. more inclined when moving
B. less inclined when moving
C. more inclined when standing
D. less inclined when standing
E. none of the above
590. Coefficient of friction is the_________________?
A. angle between normal reaction and the resultant of normal reaction and the limiting friction
B. ratio of limiting friction and normal reaction
C. the friction force acting when the body is just about to move
D. the friction force acting when the body is in motion
E. tangent of angle of repose
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.