911. Which of the following is correct?
A. Absolute pressure = Gauge pressure + Atmospheric pressure
B. Gauge pressure = Absolute pressure + Atmospheric pressure
C. Atmospheric pressure = Absolute pressure + Gauge pressure
D. Absolute pressure = Gauge pressure – Atmospheric pressure
912. The distillation carried out in such a way that the liquid with the lowest boiling point is first evaporated and recondensed, then the liquid with the next higher boiling point is then evaporated and recondensed, and so on until all the available liquid fuels are separately recovered in the sequence of their boiling points. Such a process is called
C. fractional distillation
D. full distillation
913. The highest thermal diffusivity is of
914. The natural draught is produced by
A. steam jet
B. centrifugal fan
D. both (a) and (b)
915. Willian’s line for the steam engine is a straight line relationship between the steam consumption per hour and
A. indicated power
B. brake power
D. pressure of steam
916. Which of the following gas is mostly used in town for street and domestic lighting and heating?
A. Producer gas
B. Coal gas
C. Mond gas
D. Coke oven gas
917. The efficiency of Diesel cycle increases with
A. decrease in cut-off
B. increase in cut-off
C. constant cut-off
D. none of these
918. A device used to increase the temperature of saturated steam without raising its pressure, is called
A. blow off cock
B. fusible plug
D. stop valve
919. The diameter of flue tube in a Cornish boiler is __________ that of the shell.
920. An economiser __________ the steam raising capacity of a boiler.
C. has no effect on
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.