241. The ratio of specific weighf/h.p. of gas turbin and I.C engines may be typically of the order of_______________________?
A. 1 : 1
B. 2 : 1
C. 4 : 1
E. 1 : 6
242. The pressure ratio in gas turbines is of the order of__________________?
C. 61: 1
D. 9 : 1
243. Temperature of gases at end of compression as compared to exhaust gases in a gas turbine is_________________?
D. can’t be compared
244. The hottest point in a gas turbine is______________________?
A. at the base
B. at the tip
C. in the center
D. between ~ to i of the blade height
E. uniformly heated
245. Efficiency of gas turbine is increased by________________ ?
B. inter cooling
C. adding a regenerator
D. all of the above
E. none of the above
246. The following is true for an open cycle gas turbine having exhaust heat exchanger. Atmospheric air before entering the compressor is____________________?
B. compressed air before entering the combustion chamber is heated
C. bled gas from turbine is heated and readmitted for complete expansion
D. exhaust gases drive the compressor
E. part of exhaust gases are heated and mixed up with atmospheric air to utilise exhaust heat
247. The thermal efficiency of a simple gas turbine for a given turbine inlet temperature with increase in pressure ratio_____________________?
C. first increases and then decreases
D. first decreases and then increases
E. remains same
248. Water gas is produced by ___________________ ?
A. carbonisation of coal
B. passing steam over incandescent coke
C. passing air and a large amount of steam over waste coal at about 65°C
D. partial combustion of caol, eke, anthractie coal or charcoal in a mixed air steam blast
E. same way as the natural gas
249. The combustion efficiency of a gas turbine using perfect combustion chamber is of the order of________________?
250. There is a certain pressure ratio (optimum) for a gas turbine at which its thermal efficiency is maximum. With increase in turbine temperature, the value of pressure ratio for the peak efficiency would__________________?
A. remain same
E. none of the above
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.