751. For the same maximum pressure and temperature
A. Diesel cycle is more efficient than Otto cycle
B. Otto cycle is more efficient than Diesel cycle
C. both Otto cycle and Diesel cycle are equally efficient
D. none of the above
752. The fuel pump of a programmed fuel injection (PFI) system operate for two seconds when the ignition is turned to the start position to
A. enable the pump’s fault-diagnosis function to operate
B. warm up and lubricate the pump
C. supply a large amount of fuel and thereby create a choke effect
D. pressurise the fuel system before the engine is started
753. In which of the following conditions, the idle CO percentage should be measured with the vehicle ?
A. Headlights and other electrical devices are switched off.
B. Headlights and other electrical devices are switched on.
C. Headlights and other lights are switched off.
D. Headlights are switched on.
754. The mechanical efficiency (ηm) of an I.C. engine is equal to (where I.P. = Indicated power, B.P. = Brake power and F.P. = Frictional power)
755. The lower cylindrical portion of the piston which improves piston cooling performance is called
A. piston crown
B. connecting rod
C. piston pin boss
D. piston skirt
756. Segmental chips are formed during machining
A. mild steel
B. cast iron
C. high speed steel
D. high carbon steel
757. Cemented carbide tool tips are produced by powder metallurgy.
758. If the diameter of the hole is subject to considerable variation, then for locating in jigs and fixtures, the pressure type of locator used is
A. conical locator
B. cylindrical locator
C. diamond pin locator
D. vee locator
759. Side rake angle of a single point cutting tool is the angle
A. by which the face of the tool is inclined towards back
B. by which the face of the tool is inclined sideways
C. between the surface of the flank immediately below the point and a plane at right angles to the centre line of the point of the tool
D. between the surface of the flank immediately below the point and a line drawn from the point perpendicular to the base
760. Internal gears can be made by
B. shaping with pinion cutter
C. shaping with rack cutter
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.