251. Quality improvement is_____________.
A. a team effort
B. achieved by quality inspector
C. zero things gone wrong
D. tough job, and not possible
252. An employee working in a unit or plant who is not a citizen of the country in which the unit or plant is located but is a citizen of the country in which the organisation is headquartered is called __________.
A. Home Country National
B. Host Country National
C. Third Country National
D. Host Country
253. “Human resource management” involves the elements of
A. planning, organising, and controlling
B. planning, organising and coordinating
C. leading, directing and coordinating
D. all of the above
254. The procedure in which relevant information relating to a job and its requirements is systematically discovered and noted is
A. job analysis
B. job specification
C. job classification
D. job evaluation
255. Which pair in order of sequences represents the first and last steps in a T&D programme?
A. determination of T&D needs, and evaluation of T&D programme
B. determination of T&D needs, and designing the T&D programme
C. designing T&D programme, and implementing it
D. evaluating of T&D programme, and implementing it
256. Career development involves
A. conscious determination of career aspirations and potentialities of employees and matching them with the organisation’s needs
B. providing counselling to students to choose their careers
C. providing information to students about opportunities of employment
D. determining the potentialities of students for a suitable career
257. When an employee expresses organisationally desired emotions during interpersonal transactions, then it is known as_______________ .
A. emotional labour
B. displayed emotions
C. felt emotions
258. Job evaluation essentially seeks to
A. determine the relative worth of various jobs in an organisation in monetary terms
B. evaluate the performance of employees on their respective jobs
C. evaluate the importance of various jobs in the organisation
D. establish the hierarchy of various jobs in the organisation
259. Grievance redressal, discipline, collective bargaining are_______________ of HRM.
A. integration function
B. procurement function
C. development function
D. behavioural function
260. The content of job description involves_______________.
A. job title, condition of work
B. educational qualification, skills
C. both a and b
D. none of the above