221. Which among the followings describe the skills that are available within the company?
A. Human Resource inventory
C Skills inventory
D Management inventories
222. Resources and capabilities that serve as a source of competitive advantage for a firm over its rivals are called _______________.
A. core competency
B. core competence
C. competitive advantage
223. Human Resource planning is compulsory for ______________.
A. effective employee development programme
B. base for recruitment
C. base for selection policy
D. all of these
224. Job analysis, HR planning, recruitment, selection, placement, inductions and internal mobility are few important functions which come under the heading of______________ of HRM.
A. integration function
D. procurement function
225. Directing is one of the important functions of HRM which comes under___________.
A. managerial function
B. operative function
C. technical function
D. behavioral function
226. Whom does Human relation approach refer to?
A. Worker, who should be given humanly treatment at work.
B. Mutual cooperation between employer and employee in solving the common problems.
C. Integration of people into a work situation that motivates them to work together to achieve productivity and also economic, psychological and social satisfaction.
D. None of the above.
227. Which of the following is a method of collection of information for job analysis?
A. Questionnaire method
B. Ratio analysis
C. Optimisation models
D. Trend analysis
228. ___________ provides information on the human attributes in terms of education, skills, aptitudes, and experience necessary to perform a job effectively.
A. job description
B. job specification
C. job analysis
229. Who laid the foundation of HRM practice?
A. Elton Mayo
B. Roethlisberger and Dickinson
C. Peter Drucker and Douglas McGregor
D. David C. McClelland.
230. How HRM has become a highly specialised job?
A. It is concerned with obtaining and maintaining a satisfied work force.
B. It maximises the output and satisfaction of the employees.
C. Promote group satisfaction and individual development.
D. Optimum utilisation of man-power by motivation and improving the efficiency.