MCQs are one of the best ways to test a student’s comprehension of a concept. Academic Task subject experts have prepared these Human Resource Management (HRM) MCQs based on current trends and practices. These MCQs on HRM is helpful for the preparation of various competitive exams, undergraduate, postgraduate, and entrance exams. Furthermore, the questions present in the HRM MCQs section will be beneficial for tests (PPSC Test, FPSC Test
161. Which of the following act represents a situation in which employment decisions are NOT affected by illegal-discrimination?
A. Fair employment
B. Legal compliance
C. Litigation Process
D. Affirmative action
162. If one were to think of HR as a business, which of the following “product lines” involves developing effective HR systems that help the Organisation meet its goals for attracting, keeping and developing people with the skills it needs?
A. Administrative services
B. Business partner services
C. Strategic partner
D. Product quality audit
163. The process of grouping of similar types of works together is known as____________?
A. Job classification
B. Job design
C. Job evaluation
D. Job description
164. Which of the following aptly describes the role of line managers and staff advisors namely HR professionals?
A. Staff advisers focus more on developing HR programmes while line managers are more involved in the implementation of those programmes
B. Line managers are concerned more about develop.ing HR programmes whereas staff advisors are more involved in implementing such programmes
C. Staff advisors are solely responsible for developing, implementIng and evaluating the HR programmes while line managers are not all involved in any matters concerning HR
D. Line managers alo~e are responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the HR programmes while staff advisors are not all involved in any matters concerning HR.
165. Identify the managerial function’ out of the following functions of HR managers?
D. performance appraisal
166. The human resource management functions aims at____________?
A. ensuring that the ‘human resources possess, adequate capital, tool equipment and material to perform the job successful
B. helping the Organisation deal with its employees in different stages of employment
C. improving an Organisation’s creditworthiness among financial institutions
D. Ensuring financial & Marketing Stability
167. The term procurement stands for__________?
A. recruitment and selection
B. training and development
C. pay and benefits
D. health and safety
168. Strategic human resource management involves____________?
A. Financing project marketing related programming
B. setting employment standards and policies
C. linking human resources with strategic objectives to improve performance
D. Project planning
169. The one of the following is the best reason for the reduced use of written tests is____________?
A. They are hard to construct
B. They are difficult to validate
C. They are expensive to adminis
D. They give very little information
170. The field of HRM was founded on the idea that the competitive advantage of the organisation relies on the following sources of capital:
A. cultural, human and system capital
B. social, cultural and human capital
C. organisation relies on the ,following sources of capital
D. cultural, human and source capital