Academic tasks provide 2000+ basic and advanced level of General Anatomy MCQs with answers and detailed explanations. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on General Anatomy subject and cover all important topics of human and general anatomy like Embryology, Muscles of Head and Neck, Osteology, Salivary & Thyroid Glands, Vascular Supply of Head and Neck, Mouth, Pharynx, Larynx, Nerve Supply of Head and Neck, Tongue– and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on General Anatomy. These human and general anatomy MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers, and Students. Also, check MCQs on Oral Anatomy here.
221. Surgical excision of parotid gland endangers which of the following structures ______________?
A. Hypoglossal nerve
B. Motor nerve of the muscles of mastication
C. External carotid artery, auriculotemporal nerve, facial nerve
D. Lesser occipital nerve and spinal accessory nerve
222. Duct of parotid gland crosses over masseter muscle and pierces the___________?
A. Buccinator muscle
B. Superior constrictor
D. Zygomaticus major
223. All the following nerves may be injured while doing excision of submandibular salivary glands except______________?
A. Lingual nerve
B. Spinal accessory nerve
C. Mandibular branch of facial nerve
D. Hypoglossal nerve
224. Submandibular gland is situated in____________?
A. Digastric triangle
B. Carotid triangle
C. Muscular triangle
D. Deep to hyoglossus muscle
225. Tongue movement has its primary effect on______________?
A. Palatoglossus arch
B. Facial musculature
226. Palsy of the right genioglossus causes______________?
A. Deviation of tongue to right
B. Deviation of tongue to left
C. Deviation of soft palate to right
D. deviation of soft palate to left
227. Deep surface of Hyoglossus is related to_____________?
A. Lingual nerve
B. Hypoglossal nerve
C. Submandibular Ganglion
D. Glossopharyngeal nerve
228. Which of the following muscle of tongue runs from dorsum of tongue to ventral_____________?
B. Superior longitudinal
C. Inferior longitudinal
229. The extrinsic muscles that aid in depressing the tongue are the ___________?
A. Genioglossi and hyoglossi
B. Genioglossi and palatoglossal
C. Hyoglossi and styloglossi
D. Styloglossi and palatoglossal
230. The muscles of the tongue are supplied by_____________?
A. Glossopharyngeal nerve
B. Lingual nerve
C. Chorda tympani