Academic tasks provide 2000+ basic and advanced level of General Anatomy MCQs with answers and detailed explanations. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on General Anatomy subject and cover all important topics of human and general anatomy like Embryology, Muscles of Head and Neck, Osteology, Salivary & Thyroid Glands, Vascular Supply of Head and Neck, Mouth, Pharynx, Larynx, Nerve Supply of Head and Neck, Tongue– and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on General Anatomy. These human and general anatomy MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers, and Students. Also, check MCQs on Oral Anatomy here.
141. The transverse venous sinus continues as_________________?
A. Straight sinus
B. Cavernous sinus
C. Sigmoid sinus
D. Ethmoidal sinus
142. The following arteries provide a rich blood supply to the face, EXCEPT the______________?
A. Buccal artery
B. Mental artery
C. Posterior auricular artery
D. Infra orbital artery
143. Injury to one of the following arteries results in extradural hematoma_______________?
A. Middle meningeal artery
B. Facial artery
C. Temporal artery
D. Anterior cerebral artery
144. Ophthalmic artery is a branch of _________ part of internal carotid artery ?
D. Extra cranial
145. What is not true of facial artery __________________?
A. Main source of oxygenated blood to palatine tonsil
B. Is a branch of internal carotid artery
C. Supplies branches to both upper and lower lips
D. Conveys post ganglionic sympathetic nerve fibres to the submandibular gland
146. The cavernous sinus communicates directly with all , except_______________?
A. Inferior petrosal sinus
B. Pterygoid venous plexus
C. Veins in orbit
D. Sigmoid and straight sinus
147. Posterior communicating artery is a branch of _______________?
A. Middle cerebral artery
B. External carotid artery
C. Internal carotid artery
D. Ophthamic artery
148. All of the following structures are related to cavernous sinus except______________?
A. 2nd optic nerve
B. 4th nerve
C. 6th nerve
D. Mandibular division of trigeminal nerve
149. Paralysis of upper eyelid is due to paralysis of________________?
150. All the following are true about upper eyelid EXCEPT______________?
A. Muscles which close the eyelid are supplied by the facial nerve
B. Muscles which open the eyelid are supplied by the branch of trigeminal nerve
C. Sensory supply is by the 5th cranial nerve
D. Blood supply is by the lacrimal and ophthalmic arteries