661. Which of these best describes an array?
A. A data structure that shows a hierarchical behavior
B. Container of objects of similar types
C. Container of objects of mixed types
D. All of the mentioned
662. Which of the following concepts make extensive use of arrays?
A. Binary trees
B. Scheduling of processes
D. Spatial locality
663. Let A[1…n] be an array of n distinct numbers. If i < j and A[i] > A[j], then the pair (i, j) is called an inversion of A. What is the expected number of inversions in any permutation on n elements ?
664. Which of the following operations is not O(1) for an array of sorted data. You may assume that array elements are distinct.
A. Find the ith largest element
B. Delete an element
C. Find the ith smallest element
D. All of the above
665. The smallest element of an array’s index is called its
A. lower bound.
B. upper bound.
666. The extra key inserted at the end of the array is called a,
A. End key.
B. Stop key.
667. The largest element of an array index is called its
A. lower bound.
C. upper bound.
D. All of these.
668. Each array declaration need not give, implicitly or explicitly, the information about
A. the name of array
B. the data type of array
C. the first data from the set to be stored
D. the index set of the array
669. The elements of an array are stored successively in memory cells because
A. by this way computer can keep track only the address of the first element and the addresses of other elements can be calculated
B. the architecture of computer memory does not allow arrays to store other than serially
C. both of above
D. none of above
670. Which of the following case does not exist in complexity theory?
A. Best case
B. Worst case
C. Average case
D. Null case