601. The word virus is derived from Latin word venome meaning____________?
A. Sweet fluid
B. Sore Fluid
C. Poisonous Fluid
D. Salty Fluid
602. The one which is present in all aerobic species is _________?
A. Cytohrome c
B. Cytochrome a
C. Cytochrome a3
D. Cytochrome b
603. The size of smallest virus is______________?
A. 10 nm
B. 20 nm
C. 30 nm
D. 40 nm
604. What percentage of light reaching the earth is used in photosynthesis?
605. Viruses are __________ smaller than bacteria?
A. 10 – 100 times
B. 10 – 1000 times
C. 100 – 1000 times
D. 1000 – 10000 times
606. Kangaroo rat most probably would be found in___________?
A. Tropical rain forest
C. Grass land
607. Vaccine Was discovered by______________?
A. Louis Pasteur
B. Edward Jennar
608. The name Bacteriophage was coined by____________?
A. Charles Chamberland
D. D Herelle
609. Protein subunits of capsid is called the capsomeres is a characteristic of each virus. Their number in Herpes virus is__________?
610. Which of the statement about viruses is incorrect___________________?
A. We can not grow them in laboratories on artificial medias
B. They are obligate intracellular parasite.
C. They can synthesize their nucleic acid
D. They are resistant to most of antibiotic treatment