111. What sort of assurance is provided in a review engagement?
A. Positive assurance
B. Negative assurance
C. High level of assurance
D. No assurance
112. Which one of the following is part of the auditor’s function?
A. Conducting the inventory count
B. Obtaining and evaluating audit evidence on the financial statements
C. Calculating the year-end accruals figure for inclusion in the accounts
D. Providing representations to management
113. Which of the following does NOT belong in the auditors’ report?
A. Introductory paragraph specifying the pages to which the report relates and the accounting convention adopted
B. Basis of the opinion
C. Involvement of any specialist
D. Statement of responsibilities of directors and auditors
114. What is meant by the expression ‘expectation gap’?
A. The gap between how the directors of a company perform their duties and how the shareholders expect them to perform
B. The gap between how the directors of a company perform their duties and how the general public expects them to perform
C. The gap between the public perception of the role of company auditors and their statutory role and responsibilities
D. The gap between the auditors’ own perception of their duties and how they are set out in the Companies Act
115. Which of the following would you not use as a benchmark for comparison when undertaking analytical procedures?
A. Other audit clients
B. Previous years
C. Other companies in the same industry
116. Which of the following is true about written representations?
A. They are the best source of audit evidence
B. They should be used only when there is a lack of other substantive audit evidence
C. They should be used only when there is other substantive audit evidence to complement it
D. Shareholders receive a copy of all material written representations
117. The auditor has a right to___________?
A. Obtain information and explanation
B. Obtain information and explanation from the employees and officers
C. Obtain information and explanation necessary for the purpose of audit
D. Both B. and C.
118. The branch auditor is appointed by___________?
A. Shareholders in an annual general meeting
B. Shareholders in general meeting
C. Board of directors in board meeting
D. Any of the above
119. Auditor of a___________company does not have right to visit foreign branches of the company?
A. Unlimited liability
D. Nonprofit making
120. The date on auditor’s report should not be____________?
A. the data of AGM
B. later than the date on which the accounts are approved in board’s meeting
C. earlier than the date on which the accounts are approved by the management
D. Both A. and B.
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.