- Describe in detail the trial and error process of slope staking. Write a procedure for gaining the catch point on the left side of the roadway for a cut station.
- Define the term “cut.” What does it mean on the construction site?
- One of the major design elements of the subdivision is local roads and streets. List the important design elements you need to consider in laying out the roads in a subdivision.
- Given the proposed sewer line stakeout below.
The existing ground elevations from MH-3 to MH-4 are as follows:
- What is the purpose for determining the sight distance on roadways containing crest vertical curves? In other words, once you compute the sight distance what do you do with it?
- Radial stakeout is a layout method used in construction surveying. Explain radial stakeout as a method, its weaknesses, and steps you can take to ensure your stakeout is correct.
- The measured slope distance from Station A to Station B along a uniform sloping hillside is 1185.865 meters. The angle of inclination formed at Station A between the horizontal and the sloping hillside is -3.5 degrees. Compute the grade of the hillside and the vertical distance from the horizontal to Station B.
- Given the following road design template:
This design template is to be placed at Station 1+50.00. The elevation of the existing ground at Station 1+50.00 is 5005.89 feet. The cut at centerline at station is 2.4 feet. Follow the template on the right side of centerline. The side slope of 1.5 : 1 finds the catchpoint at a slope distance of 11.95 feet from the bottom of the ditch. Compute horizontal distance of the catchpoint from centerline.
- The side slope of 2 : 1 on the left side of the design template shown above in Problem 8 is equivalent to what value expressed in grade?
- Define the term “Brownfield.” What did government have to do to encourage the development of Brownfields?
For a custom paper on the above or a related assignment, place your order now!
Use “20” as the discount code to redeem your offer!
What We Offer:
• Affordable Rates – (15 – 25% Discount on all orders above $50 )
• 100% Free from Plagiarism
• Masters & Ph.D. Level Writers
• Money Back Guarantee