Help is required related to accounting exams and test preparation? Academic Task covers Accounting MCQs with answers and explanations. These accounting mcqs are equally helpful for students for MBA, MMS, BBA, Bcom, Mcom, and MCA. These cost accounting mcqs are also helpful for the preparation of NTS, FPSC, KPPSC, ETEA, Senior Auditor, Junior Auditor, Accountant, and other tests. MCQs on financial accounting covers the topic like Principles of Accounting, Accounting Equation, Journal, Ledger, Banking Transactions, Accounting Basic, Accounting for Pensions, Bill of Exchange, Changes in accounting principles, Capital & Revenue, Final Accounts, Cost Management, Cost Measurement, Financial Accounting, Financial Decision Making, Financial Management, Financial Reporting, Financial Statements, Current Assets, Adjustments – and much more. Also, check Marketing MCQs with answers here.
31. Which of the following is true about a trial balance?
A. It lists down the balances of accounts
B. It lists down the balances of a balance sheet
C. It is a kind of financial statement
D. It is not a part of accounting cycle
32. Debit balance = Credit balance in a trial balance indicates that:
A. No error in recording transactions
B. No error in posting entries to ledger accounts
C. Account balances are correct
D. Mathematically Capital+Liabilities=Assets
33. Trial balance is commonly prepared?
A. Frequently during the year
B. At the end of an accounting period
C. At the end of a month
D. At the end of a year
34. Which of the following will affect the agreement of a trial balance?
A. Complete omission of a transaction
B. Partial omission of a transaction
C. Error of principle
D. Compensating errors
35. If debit balances = credit balances, trial balance only shows or check the ____________ and it does not indicate that no errors were made during recording and posting.
A. Arithmetic accuracy
B. Errors of commission
C. Omissions of economic events
D. Understatements of balances
36. Goods sent on approval basis’ have been recorded as ‘Credit sales’. This is an example of____________?
A. Error of principle
B. Error of commission
C. Error of omission
D. Error of duplication
37. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan was established in____________?
38. Trial balance is prepared to check accuracy of_______________?
A. Ledger accounts balances
B. Balance sheet balances
C. Income statement balances
D. Cash flow statement balances
39. If a transaction is completely omitted from the books of accounts, will it affect the agreement of a trial balance?
C. Transactions can’t be omitted
D. none of these
40. ________ is the common base for preparing a trial balance?
A. Ledger accounts
B. General Journal
C. Specialized journals
D. Balance sheet
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.