301. During the year 2011-2012, the value of closing inventory was overstated by 25,000. Which of the following is true?
A. The cost of goods sold was overstated during 2011-2012 and income will be understated during 2012-2013
B. The income was overstated during 2011-12 and closing inventory will be overstated during 2012-2013
C. The retained earnings was overstated during 2011-2012 and retained earnings will be understated during 2012-2013
D. The cost of goods sold was understated during 2011-2012 but retained earnings will not be affected during 2012-2013
302. Which of the following errors is an error of omission?
A. Sale of ` 100 was recorded in the Purchases Journal
B. Wages paid to Mohan have been debited to his account
C. The total of the sales journal has not been posted to the Sales Account
D. Repairs to buildings have been debited to buildings account
303. Which of the following statements is /are true?
A. Entering wrong amount in the subsidiary book affects the agreement of the Trial Balance
B. Undercasting or overcastting of a subsidiary book is an example or error of commission
C. Errors of principle do not affect the agreement of Trial Balance
D. Both B. and C. above
304. Which of the following is true?
A. Error of casting affects personal accounts
B. Omission of a transaction from a subsidiary record affects only one account
C. Error of carry forward affects two accounts
D. Error of principle involves an incorrect allocation of expenditure or receipt between capital and revenue
305. Journal proper is meant for recording_____________?
A. Credit purchase of fixed assets
B. Return of goods
C. All such transactions for which no special journal has been kept by the business
D. None of these
306. Closing stock in the Trial Balance implies that______________?
A. It is already adjusted in the opening stock
B. It is adjusted in the Purchase A/c
C. It is adjusted in the Cost of Sale A/c
D. It is adjusted in the Profit &Loss A/c
297. Which of the following statements is true?
A. If a Trial Balance tallies, it always means that none of the transactions has been completely omitted
B. A Trial Balance will not tally if a transaction is omitted
C. A customer to whom goods have been sold on credit cannot avail himself of a cash discount
D. A credit balance in the Pass Book indicates excess of deposits over withdrawals
308. The adjustment to be made for income received in advance is:
A. Add income received in advance to respective income and show it as a liability
B. Deduct income received in advance from respective income and show it as a liability
C. Add income received in advance to respective income and show it as asset
D. Deduct income received in advance from respective income and show it as an asset in the Balance Sheet
309. Which of the following statements is correct about Trial Balance?
A. The Trial Balance is prepared after preparing the Profit and Loss Account
B. The Trial Balance shows only balances of Assets and Liabilities
C. The Trial Balance shows only nominal account balances
D. The Trial Balance has no statutory importance from the point of view of law
310. While finalizing the current year‘s accounts, the company realized that an error was made in the calculation of closing stock of the previous year. In the previous year, closing stock was valued more by 50,000. As a result
A. Previous year‘s profit is overstated and current year‘s profit is also overstated.
B. Previous year‘s profit is understated and current year‘s profit is overstated.
C. Previous year‘s profit is overstated and current year‘s profit is understated.
D. There will be no impact on the profit of either the previous year or the current year.
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.