161. Accommodation bills are generally for?
A. Genuine trade reasons
B. For mutual financial accommodation
C. To help augment money supply
D. All the three
162. A cash deposit made by business appears on the bank statement as _______ balance?
163. A check returned by bank marked “NSF” means that:
A. Bank can’t verify your identity
B. There are not sufficient funds in your account
C. Check has been forged
D. Check can’t be cashed being illegal
164. Bank reconciliation statement is prepared by____________?
A. Accountant of the business
B. Manager of the business
C. Controller of the bank
D. Accountant of the bank
165. Bank charges amounting to $5000 was not entered in the cash book. Identify the correct adjustment in cash book?
A. Bank charges will be debited in cash book
B. Bank charges will be added to cash book balance
C. Bank charges will be credited in cash book
D. Bank charges need no adjustment in cash book
166. Favorable balance of cash book implies that
A. Credit balance of cash book
B. Debit balance of cash book
C. Bank overdraft
D. Adjusted balance of cash book
167. Bank reconciliation statement is the comparison of a bank statement (sent by bank) with the _________ (prepared by business).
A. Cash receipt journal
B. Cash payment journal
C. Cash book
D. Financial statements
168. In the Bank reconciliation statement “Deposit in transit” is usually:
A. Subtracted from bank balance
B. Added to bank balance
C. Added to Cash book balance
D. Subtracted from cash book balance
169. Unpresented checks also referred as____________?
A. Uncollected checks
B. Uncredited checks
C. Outstanding checks
D. Bounced checks
170. A discount of $2000 was given to a supplier on his prompt repayment of debt but the cashier entered the gross amount in cash book. What should be the adjustment in cash to work out the correct balance of cash book?
A. $2000 will be debited in cash book
B. $2000 will be credited in cash book
C. $4000 will be debited in cash book
D. $4000 will be credited in the cash book
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.